Saturday, September 22, 2007

Zoo Flashback






So, Travis and I are watching our much anticipated Season Opener of Survivor in China. Of course they show Panda bears, and Travis starts laughing. Hmmm..I didn't see anything funny, so he explains..... We have season passes to the Atlanta Zoo, which we have gone to several times this summer. One day, we were lucky enough to see the Panda's doing something other than stuffing their faces with "Bamboom" as Syd calls it. The baby panda was actually climbing a Bamboo tree and a crowd of people are oohhing and Aahhing and snapping pictures (me included) when Sydney yells out (her voice is loud anyway, so her yelling is like a foghorn)..."No, No baby panda! You're going to get in trouble if you climb too high!!" So, Travis and I just bust out laughing and about 3/4 of the people around did too except for the avid zoo "photographers" (who, if you go as much as we do, you'd be able to spot one immediately...they don't like little kids at the zoo at all let alone to let little kids in front of them to see the animals b/c they are taking "very serious" photos for their scrapbooks or blogs...I like to call them zoo snobs). As a side note...whenever I see one, I make sure I tell Sydney to just say excuse me and get right in front of them....which, by the way, doesn't get in the way of their picture taking since she only comes up a little past their knees. She, of course, is very obedient when it comes to looking at the animals and very loudly says excuse me while pushing her little self right up to where they don't want her to be. I'm so bad, I know. So, I'm posting some pictures of the baby panda, who, didn't get in trouble for climbing too high, much to Sydney's surprise, as his/her mother was too busy eating to notice, We are lucky to have a baby panda and two sets of gorilla twins at our zoo, which Sydney just thinks is fantastic. However, sometimes I think her favorite animals in the entire zoo are the darned pigeons that hover all over us while we eat our lunch there. Sydney does a good job of keeping them at bay, however, by running after them and yelling "come here birds!!" Three year olds are great!! :)

0 comments: