Monday, August 10, 2009

1st Day of Kindergarten!!!

Sydney and Daddy before he leaves for work. They were both excited for the 1st day of school. :) My little ham. She loves the camera! She is wearing her "crayon" dress that Annie got her special for the 1st day of school, and her "school" bow that has a little backpack in the middle of it.
Her backpack is so big for her!!
My beautiful Kindergartener....She's the prettiest one in her class, I'm sure! :)
Her teachers are so sweet. Miss Marks and Mrs. Lile.
They saw us walking down the hall toward them and Miss Marks (the one on the left) said, "SYDNEY!! Come and give me a big hug!" Of course, I loved that! We found out at Open House that Miss Marks specifically asked to have Sydney in her class after Syd's initial screening. I'm, of course, so proud. :)















4 comments:

Rachel Hudgins said...

How are you doing on the first day? Any water-works? Her teachers sound great! That helps a TON!! She's going to do great!

Mimi said...

I can't believe you guys are already back in school. TX passed a law 2 years ago that we can't start until the 4th Monday in August so we have vacation for a bit longer. Is Sydney at a private school? (the screening bit threw me) Hope she loved it. Kenna starts in 2 weeks - hope I don't cry!

Jen Daniel said...

You should be proud. That's awesome! I know those kids that wow us during K screening - she must be smart!

Tiffany said...

Oh Katie...it was so hard for me when Bailey left for kindergarten. I hope you are doing ok. Sorry that I missed you guys at Lara's show the other day. I lost control of my day. However, I ran into Holland at Whole Foods and she said you had had a terrible day that day too...and then I was feeling guilty that you made it to the show and I didn't. :)