Sunday, July 26, 2009

Addyson......

So, Addyson is our 2nd child and we love her dearly. She makes us laugh so much and just has one of the best personalities ever. She is just so dang cute....which is a good thing...because if she wasn't, I'm not sure if I could keep my sanity! I'm just going to name a few things....good and bad...that Addyson has done/said this month. I"m leaving quite a bit out because there is so much, but I just have to write some of these things down! These are not in any particular order, but they all happened in July.
1. Cleaning the toilets with all of our toothbrushes. (she and her cousin Madison did this).
2. Scooping out the toilet water with a bowl and dumping it all over her head and the bathroom floor.
3. Climbing up to the top shelf in the pantry, finding the chewies (fruit snacks), getting the scissors and cutting them all open, then dumping them on the floor.
4. Running out of the house completely naked.
5. Taking her poop out of her pull up, throwing it against her wall, smashing it in the carpet with her foot and putting money from her piggy bank in it. (This one almost pushed me over the edge!)
6. She likes to sing the Darth Vader song while she's doing these things. She'll tell me..."I love Darth Vader. I love the Emperor" (From Star Wars for those who might not know).
7. When I sing her a song before bed, she wants to me sing the Darth Vader song..."bum bum bum, bum ba dum, bum ba dum".
8. I tell her to stop making messes and she says, "No, Mommy, that's what I do."
9. Says,"Mommy, I feed Adam (our fish) A LOT!" and I find she's poured all the fish food in the bowl and put her granola bar in there as well.
10. Puts pillows and blankets over Rylin's head....which means Rylin will probably be 5 before she walks b/c I'm constantly carrying her to keep her out of harms way!
11. Give herself permission to do things....actually says "I'm going to do this, okay? Okay, I can".
12. When I call her name, she says..."No! I Luke!" (from Star Wars). I have to call her Luke.
13. Today when we got in the car to go to church it was really hot in there and she said..."Daddy, I hot...like Mommy!" (Because Travis is always saying I'm hot).
14. She'll get lotion and squirt TONS of it all over her body and clothes and is so proud of herself for putting lotion on..."Look Mommy, I put lotion on by myself!"
15. Putting gobs of toilet paper in to the toilet, then taking it out all and throwing it all over the walls.
16. I hope I'm not jinxing this, but the past 3 or 4 days, I haven't hardly mentioned the word "potty" and she is going all by herself and hasn't had an accident. So, if I suggest it, then she won't do it. It has to be alllll her. Which is a great trait to have....just very difficult for Mommy and Daddy!
Addyson's mischevious face.
Rylin is looking at me thinking..."Mom! Get me out of here!"


This is Addyson rubbing lotion all over her body and her clothes. I wasn't able to take a picture of the other shenanigans because I was too crazy to think that positively in the moments.













10 comments:

Mimi said...

I so needed that! I have been a bit overwhelmed today and reading this makes me realize it could have been crazier. I have experienced some of those shananigans but know I would totally lose it if faced with others. You are awesome! And Addyson is a cutie.

Rachel said...

Oh, my! She is one busy little girl! She reminds me a little bit of Mikayla. It is a good thing that she is pretty cute, too. ;)

Natalie said...

oh, i miss you guys! I had no idea she was such a trouble-maker. Wanna come over? Bring them all and we'll have fun. If she likes Star Wars so much, Alex will like her. :)

Jen Daniel said...

Omg! She sounds hilarious! I'm glad I'm not the only one with crazy kids! Wow! Thanks for the heads up on what I need to look out for.

kjirsten said...

Oh, how can you not LOVE that sweet face!!! What a clever girl she is . . . reminds me of someone in my own house! (Her hair is getting long! - precious.) Love that girl, but oh, how I feel your pain!

Benson Fam said...

Are you sure that is the same sweet little girl I see in nursery on Sunday?! She has quite the personality :). On the plus side, life will never get boring!

Rachel said...

She is so stinking cute! I love how mischievous she is!

Rachel Hudgins said...

You DO know a lot of Rachel's. I was reading your comments thinking to myself "I never typed that...what is going on?" Growing up, the only other Rachel I knew was our neighbors dog...that just does a number on your self esteem.
Anywhoooo, I love Addyson!! Reading that post made me think of my second child. They have many similar qualities. But yours does win in the mischievious award...hands down. The poop-playing would have put me over the edge for sure!! It all probably happens while your nursing too....Lauren learned to love that time she knew I was stuck in the rocking chair and couldn't see her every move. Watch out!! Just remember...some day you will be the grandma to her babies and you'll get to watch her handle her little mischievious babes. Does that bring a smile to you?

sherbear said...

Oh my is all i can say. Love both her and rylin's face in the one!!

Andrea said...

Oh my word - I just burned a thousand calories reading that! I can't imagine Kate...holy cow - you are superwoman....all that in such a short period of time.