Saturday, December 22, 2007

Nativity


The Cast/ Mary and Joseph


My friend, Andrea, and I started a new tradition with our families. This year, however, it consisted of all her family and just me and Sydney. Travis was coaching and Addyson was sick, so my parents were watching her. We've exchanged gifts the past 3 years and have had our kids take pictures with Santa together, but we wanted to add something else. So, I came up with an idea that has been a tradition in my family for as long as I can remember. We had dinner and then we read the Nativity story out of John and Matthew and "acted" it out. Sydney was very excited about it and wanted to be Mary, which was fine. She also wanted Grayson to be Joseph, Miss Andrea to be the angel and of all things...she wanted me to be the donkey. I guess I know how she feels about me!! ha ha. It ended up being Sydney as Mary, Aaron (15 years old) was Joseph b/c Grayson wanted to be the star, Andrea was the angel, Edward (Andrea's husband) was a king, Jordyn (12) was a Shepard, Gavin (2) was a Shepard, Alayna (7 months) was baby Jesus and I was the narrator. It was fun, but I was a little unprepared, as it was kind of last minute. We plan on doing it every year and hopefully I'll be a little more prepared. We then took pictures then opened gifts. It was a great start to a great tradition I think. Oh, we also sang Happy Birthday to Jesus. It was Edward's idea and I thought it was great b/c the kids loved it, and it helped them remember why we even give gifts at Christmas.

Grayson and Sydney opening presents. Giving Grayson a big squeeze.



0 comments: