Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Oreo cookies and the Fair

Okay, So the Oreo's have nothing to do with the fair, but I'm really behind on blogging, so I thought I'd post the two together. Nothing like the warm fuzzies that your children and husband can make you feel. When I saw Travis and the girls dipping their Oreo's in milk together, it was one of those moments, so I had to capture it. So cliche', but so dang cute. Speaking of dang or darn, I noticed that Sydney has started saying "darn". It's funny to me, but I hope her teachers are okay with it.
Of course Sydney had to make a silly face.Nothing to do with Oreo's, just thought it was cute.
Now to the FAIR! We love the fair. It's just a good old country home town fair that the kids LOVE. This year we went after Addyson's nap and were there into the evening. I loved it so much b/c the weather was PERFECT and I loved all of the lights. Sydney and Addyson loved all of the rides they went on, which just made me so happy. Okay, so one ride Sydney didn't like. It was the tilt-a-whirl. She saw it and said "Look! A popcorn ride, let's go!" I don't know why she called it the popcorn ride....maybe b/c it was red and white striped like the popcorn boxes at the movies...I don't know. But, I do know that when she and Travis were on it, it got going really fast and her face was so funny! It was of pure disgust. I couldn't stop from giggling...just glad she didn't see me. So here are quite of few of our pictures from the fair. We even got a funnel cake....which I had been craving...BUT, I was a little disappointed as it didn't live up to my memories. Oh well...

(The first 4 pictures are actually of a little "play in the park" day and the rest are of the fair. Like I said...I needed to catch up.)

Face Painting...this is a pink horse if you can't tell.

Addyson loved her "meow" on her face and was very sad when it washed off in her bath. Sydney was so excited to box "like Mommy". She did great! I was so proud of her. Feeding the baby pig and the tortoise.

Now we are at the fair......

Petting zoo


Rides....

This is after the "tilt-a-whirl" ride...see Sydney's face! Poor thing. Am I so bad for laughing?
Addyson and Daddy on the slide.



















5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh too many things to comment on.

first of all I love your girls. they are the cutest things ever. I love their voices and their little faces. They are such great kids.

The oreo's look yum! and Sydney's face in that second one is Awesome.

You look like a hot mama in that pic too kate with your black shirt on.

I'm glad you guys had a good time at the fair. I've recently had a funnel cake for my first time and it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. the same person must have made ours or something. :)

Rachel Hudgins said...

So fun to catch up....
You look hot baby mama in your skull t. I am glad you are feelin' better.

sherbear said...

Cute pictures. It looks like you all had fun. I got candy apples when we went but they are SO HARD!
Did Sydney feel sick after the ride?
Becca went on the tilt a whirl too with a friend but i dont think she would have if it wasnt for her friend.
We did the slide too. And saw he alligator show.

Come check out our blog when you can. If you need an invite or another invite email me.

Glad to see you doing better :)
What time on wed do you want a play date? Sam is dropping her ballet/tap but then we get becca at 220 and come home to do homework so we can only play for a short while after that.

Jessi said...

Your girls are so cute! I love their expressions on the rides. I didn't take my younger girls to the fair, but seeing those pics makes me wish I would have.

MiandMiksmom said...

Oh, I miss the fair!!! Thanks for sharing the photos...your girls are so DARN cute!