Sunday, April 26, 2009

Rylin's Blessing: April 19th, 2009

Travis gave our new baby girl, Rylin, a wonderful blessing a few Sunday's ago. She was one day shy of being 1 month old.
In our church, we give our baby's blessings and then when we are 8 years old, we are able to make the decision whether or not we want to be baptized.
It was great to have my brother, Quinn, out for Rylin's blessing.
(In this picture: Travis, me, Rylin, my Dad, Sydney, my Mom, Addyson & my brother Quinn)
This blessing dress is very special to me. My mom, Nancy, had 3 blessing dresses made out of her wedding dress, and gave each one of us kids a dress to have our babies' blessed in. All three of my sweet girls have worn this dress, and Rylin will be the last to wear it! I'll have it preserved, and maybe one day give it to my girls.

























































































































5 comments:

Shayleen Lunt said...

What a beautiful blessing dress. How neat to have that in your family.

Natalie said...

That brings a tear to my eye. What a great idea to turn a wedding gown into many blessing gowns! Love it.
And I love your little cuties. Happy Mother's Day!

Jen Daniel said...

I love that idea. You've got a smart mom! What a treasure to have and pass down! You've got a beautiful family, Kate.

sherbear said...

That is amazing that the blessing dresses were made from a wedding gown!! WOW!
I love the girls colorful dresses. So cute!

kjirsten said...

Somehow I missed this sweet post . . . Lovely pictures. I'm so glad that Quinn could be there -- I just wish the rest of us could have been there too!! Love you.