Sunday, August 31, 2008

Things I learned or realized last week.....

1. It sucks to be nauseated and exhausted on your birthday....and not even want cake or icecream.

2. I have to shut the doors to the bathrooms or Addyson will try to flush Sydney's clothes down the toilet, dip her teacups in the toilet, or clean the toilet.

3. I have wacked out dreams when I'm pregnant and I wake up wondering if they were real or not.

4. I am miserable when Travis is out of town and I can't fall asleep at night if he's not in the house.

5. I cry at anything even remotely touching.

6. I feel like the worst mother in the world to my kids b/c all I feel like doing is laying down all day. I pray at night to be forgiven, but worry what damage I've done that can't be taken away.

7. I can go from shivering cold to sweating hot in 2 minutes and be sitting in the same place and not having moved at all.

8. Travis wants me to add that "I've learned that Iowa's offense still sucks".

9. That I really don't deserve some of my friends, and that they mean the world to me and I'm so grateful for their service and love. I don't think I would have made it through this week as well as I did without them.

10. That if I eat 3 bean and cheese burritos within a six hour time-slot that I will be in a whole heap of pain.

11. If I stay up past 8:30pm I will just want to lie where I am in the fetal position.

12. Pretending the laundry isn't there won't make it go away or get any smaller.

13. Sydney has a better memory than I do.

14. I don't want to be or feel like I'm 33.

15. Steak is great.

16. Don't mess with me or I'll either tell you off or cry.

5 comments:

Jessi said...

Climb into bed and lay there! Your kids will be fine. They'll learn to be a little more independent and they'll always know where to find you when they really need you. (I know this from experience!) :)

Anonymous said...

I think your an amazing person and you are a wonderful mother! I understand how you are feeling when it comes to #9. I feel the same way every day! Loving your children makes you the best mother in the world! Happy late birthday! Didn't know you were having another baby, congrats! All my love, Mandy

Rachel Hudgins said...

I remember feeling #6...still do sometimes and I don't have the excuse of pregnancy anymore. You are an amazing mother, Katie...don't doubt yourself. Things will get better...I can promise that. I am sorry you are sick. I will take your girls for you so you can rest. I'll send them back in 8 months :)
I love ya!!

Andrea said...

Oh I can relate so very much - my heart goes out to you and seriously, let me watch the girls.

youreprettytoo said...

I;m so sorry - I felt awful during my pregnancies also. It is amazing how we forget and do it to ourselves over and over! and don't worry about your kids. They will be fine. I always stressed about how much TV my kids watched during my 1st trimesters, but now they hardly watch any!