Friday, October 12, 2007

Funny Girls

Sydney says the funniest things sometimes. I lost my voice due to a cold and the first day it was just really scratchy. I guess that sounds like her pre-school teacher, Miss Kitter, b/c she told me that I sounded like Miss Kitter then asked if I was pretending to be Miss Kitter. I explained to her that I was sick, etc., but the entire day whenever I would ask her to do something she would smile a huge smile and say "yes, Miss Kitter". Then I completely lost my voice and had to whisper the next day. That was lovely. Sydney asked why I was whispering and I told her that I lost my voice. She asked "Where did it go? Do you want me to help you look for it?". I, of course had to chuckle and then explained to her that it wasn't really lost,etc. She thought it was really cool, though, so she had to tell everyone at T-ball practice including the coach. They just looked at her like, "What are you trying to tell me??".
New story...last week Sydney couldn't go to school one day b/c she had had diarrhea the night before. The next Tuesday when she returned to school the first thing she said to the teacher when she got Sydney out of the car is "I don't have diarrhea anymore!", so I thought that was fine....but today.... three days later at gymnastics when Sydney got there, she proudly announced to everyone there that she didn't have diarrhea. Her coach just gave her a thumbs up.

And this is how 3 year old minds think......So, all of my parents' grandkids have always called them Annie and Poppy b/c Liam was the first and that's what he called them. Well, Sydney also calls her other grandparents G's and Pops. I had no idea until last Christmas that Sydney didn't think she had a grandma and grandpa (b/c she has two sets) until an older man came over and she asked him if he was a grandpa and she sat on his lap the entire night and told everyone that he was a REAL GRANDPA! I explained to her that she had two grandpas and two grandmas and she was thrilled! Well, that was months ago....almost a year ago, but out of the blue, Sydney started calling my parents Grandfather and Grandma. Not Grandpa, Grandfather. So funny. She insists we all call them that....we can't call them Annie and Poppy. Even in family prayer at night when I'm asking for blessings for Annie and Poppy, she'll correct me by whispering...no, no, Grandma and Grandfather. My grandmother, who we call Memama, and who Sydney has always called 'MaBear" is now great-grandmother. We have to call her that too. Of course, she can't hear very well, so she doesn't understand this at all, so Sydney gets frustrated sometimes when she calls herself Memama instead of Great-grandmother.

Addyson has become my mountain climber......and she's very fast at it. I can't keep her off the kitchen table or shelves or beds or whatever she can pull a chair up to and climb up on. I can't leave her for a second and it's proving to be very challenging. As soon as I look at her she starts shaking her head back and forth (for no) b/c she knows I'm going to say "no, no". It's a game now. She'll climb up on the chair and stand up on it, and then wait for me to look at her, then she'll shake her head. I'll say "no, no, Addyson, sit down", and she'll sit down and laugh, then she'll stand up again, look at me and shake her head. I can't help but laugh, but I know it's just perpetuating the situation. Whenever she does something she knows she's not supposed to do, she'll start shaking her head for "no", but, she still does it anyway and screams bloody murder when I remove her from the dangerous situation.
She also likes to shake her head up and down for yes and finds this very funny. She's also VERY tough and can take Sydney's "tackle-hugs", wrestling holds and even thinks it's funny when Sydney picks her up and starts running with her. Mommy, however, finds this quite scary, especially on the hardwood floors or the tile.
Gotta run for now...Addyson calls!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay Kate...if I hadn't changed my page last night...we would have the same black layout and the same song! Too funny! I still have the same song but, I've been looking for a new one! You will have to come visit me at www.scottandstaceyjohnsonfamily.blogspot.com. See ya soon!