Saturday, October 6, 2007

Interpretation


I had to write this one down! Today we were talking about colleges because of the football games on today and also about Conference out of Salt Lake. Sydney asked where the speakers of conference were and I told her that they were in Utah. My Dad made the comment to Syd that she will live in Utah one day when she's in college at BYU. Sydney, of course, had no clue what he was talking about, so I thought I'd quickly explain....in my own mumbly talk...I said.."College is where you'll go after you graduate high-school"....and Sydney gets a horrified look on her face and says.."but I don't want to turn into a vegetable"....Sooooooo, in other words, Kate mumbles and doesn't explain things very well. "After you graduate high-school" turned into "After you turn into a vegetable" in two seconds. I had to take a two minute Laugh-hysterically break before sitting down and explaining to Sydney what I really said and then going through the sequence of school and how old she will be with each stage. She then had to get out the map and I showed her where Utah is and my mom and I sang the BYU fight song for her (which we sing often during football season).

1 comments:

Rachel Hudgins said...

So funny! Ethan just asked me today where I thought he should go to college. I said, "Maybe you'll go to BYU like mommy and daddy." He asked where it was and when I replied, "Utah" he said, "so we are going to move to Utah when I go to college? He is confused on the "families are forever" talk we have regarding church, and the fact that he will eventually be old enough to leave the comforts of his own home.