Thursday, October 4, 2007

Random Thoughts

I was listening to a "goodnight song" (link:http://www.readysetmom.com/readysetmom/2007/09/a-bedtime-song-.html) and it fits so well with anyone who has kids! Sydney is such a pro at stalling. I know this, yet, I get sucked in way too many times. She's actually quite good about going to bed when compared to other stories I've heard from other moms. Travis is so efficient with it and can put her down so fast. I, however, have to lay down with her for a little while and talk about funny things. Right now, she thinks it's so funny that pigs can eat just about anything, so she wants me to talk about the pigs with her. Then she'll start naming stuff and I have to tell her whether or not pigs would eat it. She thinks it's hilarious. I, of course, then start laughing, and then it's not "quiet" time anymore. Oh well...it's fun, but it definitely takes me twice as long to put her to bed than it does Travis. So, then funny turns into tears when I tell her that she needs to go to sleep, then that turns into me getting frustrated and not wanting to ruin the good feelings we had a 1/2 second ago. Why does it always have to end in threatening....."if you get out of bed young lady...." and so forth???? BUT, alas, it does. But in the morning she's happy and excited to see me and has seemed to forget that Mommy was so "mean" the night before. Speaking of mornings....there is nothing cuter than a baby when she first wakes up. When I go get Addyson in the mornings or from her naps, I just can't help but squeeze her tight and kiss her all over her face. She's just so darn cute!!!






Randomly changing subjects here..... We are moving into a new house in the next 2 weeks and I have been busy making myself crazy picking out paint colors. My friend, Rachel, has patiently been helping me over the phone. She lives in Washington state, but is an interior designer, so we hopefully picked out some good colors. We'll see!






Sydney's last day of soccer was yesterday and she starts t-ball next Wednesday. It was kind of funny because they have just been kicking their own ball into a goal or kicking it to one other person, but yesterday their coach had them try and play a mock-game of soccer. So, there was only ONE ball and everyone wanted it. Sydney did NOT like that at all. She would get to it and kick it then someone else would kick it away from her and she got extrememly frustrated. I think I need to let her watch it on TV and explain the concept to her a little better. She did, however, do a good job if she were playing football. She dove at the ball, picked it up and started running away as fast as she could. It was hilarious, but she was MAD that the other kids were taking her ball away.





1 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh, you did make it to soccer after all! I'm glad one of us did. Alex was bummed but I took him out and pretended to be Coach B. He even found me a whistle to wear. He's excited about t-ball!
love, nat