Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Sydney was a pilgrim in her school "re-inactment", and after school she insisted on still wearing her "pilgrim bonnet" all over town. So cute. I made some cute turkey cookies for her class as well, b/c Syd was the star-student. I'm learning to be crafty, so I was proud of myself. :)





Aunt Barb gave Sydney a little wheelbarrow and some "magic seeds" to grow in it, and now she has tall grass in her wheelbarrow that she is so excited about! She thinks that she is miss green-thumb now. If she only knew that her mother can't even grow weeds....

Sydney's "garden"

I LOVE autumn in Georgia! The leaves are BEAUTIFUL colors of reds, yellows, oranges and greens. I have a favorite road to go down in the fall here b/c it's kind of on the side of a mountain and it's wooded all around. Sydney always calls it "the forest" and the "curvy road". When there is a light breeze and a few leaves are falling and the colors are so bright, it just makes me so warm and fuzzy inside. I love it...it's just like a picture. I can't take a picture of it, however b/c it's a curvy road on the side of a hill and I'm driving. GA is just the place to be in the fall. Great weather, beautiful trees, great people.... :)

It's easy to forget that we are in the middle of a terrible drought. The news two days ago said that we only have 72 days left of clean drinking water if it doesn't rain soon. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so I'm praying so hard that it does. Sydney and I pray every day that it will rain! I don't know if GA has ever been in such a drought before. It's so weird because it's usually flooding here, not drying up. My friend, Natalie, posted pictures of how low the lake is on her blog, and it's so sad and just scary.
On a lighter note....my brother and his family are in town for Thanksgiving, and it's been so great. Sydney and Caleb, who is 4, are the best of buddies and having a blast. Quinn and Kjirsten have 3 boys, Liam (9), Caleb (4) and Luke (2) and Kjirsten is expecting. We are so excited for them! I wonder if they'll end up having 4 boys like my sister, Kelly, has 4 girls! Travis and I are stopping at 3 no matter what....unless we have twins, which is unlikely.
Sydney & Caleb
Strong Liam!
Luke & Addyson

Wrestling Season for Travis officially began for me last Saturday. I'm officially a wrestling widow until March! Yes, March, the GHSA or some organization made the season two weeks longer. Hurray....that's me being sarcastic. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE that Travis coaches wrestling because he loves it and it makes him so happy and he thrives on the competition, etc., and he's a top notch coach. I just miss him because I really only get to see him for about 2 hours or less each day except on Sundays and the girls only get to see him on Sundays. But, he's home every night, he loves it, he's happy and it pays the bills, so I really can't complain. He's like a kid in a candy store this year because, first, he has awesome assistant coaches and second, he has a ton of young kids with a ton of potential. It's so great to see him so excited about wrestling again.

Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I'm sooooo thankful for my husband and family, my friends, for this wonderful nation we live in and for my Saviour Jesus Christ and for the knowledge that I have of Him and what He has done for me and for mankind. I don't know how I would be able to exist with joy without the knowledge that I have and am so thankful that I have wonderful parents who taught me to know Him and love Him. There are so many things that I'm thankful for that I just don't have the finger strength to type them out! I am truly blessed.

5 comments:

Rachel Hudgins said...

Good blog entries girlfriend! Love the testimony! I can't believe how old Liam looks. Tell Quinn and Kiersten "hey" and congrats on the bun in the oven. Love you and Happy Thanksgiving. PS...I am thankful for you :)

Rachel Hudgins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that Sydney's seeds are growing! Beautiful pictures, Kate. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Aunt Barb

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! All went well and we ate to much food, so we went hiking at the falls today. See you all tomorrow at Aidan's party!

Mimi said...

Sydney's hair is so long! Your kids are adorable and I love keeping up w/you through your blog. Got to update mine. So exciting for Kiersten and Quinn. Hope you are loving your new place.