Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter



We had a GREAT EASTER! It was so fun dressing the girls up for Easter Sunday. Sydney was sooo proud of her white gloves and little white purse. She was the perfect Southern Belle. Addyson, of course, wouldn't wear the gloves, but I tried!






We had a terrific Easter egg hunt the night before. A friend of ours from church organized a big Easter egg hunt in Vickery patterned after the one in "Steel Magnolias". We had a picnic and then the moms all hid the eggs. It was great. Well, it was great until Sydney was running down a hill and totally fell down. Her eggs went flying everywhere and I think some other kids picked up her eggs that she had dropped. She now has yet another pair of jeans with a hole it them now. She was very upset about the fall and was ready to go home right then, which was fine b/c it was the end of the hunt anyway. Both the girls had a blast, though, except for that. Addyson was so funny b/c after picking up about 4 eggs, she realized that they had candy in them, and then she didn't want to put anymore in her basket, she wanted to eat all of her candy right then. It was very cute.


The next day, however, after the Easter Bunny had hidden eggs everywhere in our house, all Addyson wanted to do was eat the candy in them right then too. That made for a little hyper-active-sugar-high little 17 month old.



At church, Addyson, was a little terror, and I basically was outside with her watching her run circles around the church building. It was a pretty day, however, and I ended up getting a few pictures of her....I had my camera in the car. Next time, I'm going to have to make sure that the Easter Bunny doesn't bring as much candy.




I was very proud of Sydney, however, for remembering what Easter is all about....the Resurrection. She knew what the "reason for the season" was all about.....since, if you've been reading my posts for a while, you know that the Resurrection is one of her all time favorite topics of discussion!

11 comments:

Natalie said...

So fun! My big sis was in town from Arkansas so we had lots of fun when our kids weren't fighting. The Bunny brought two big baskets for the two families and he's not gonna do that again. It caused a lot of bickering and was not worth it. Not a great way to start out Easter Sunday. Oh well, live and learn. Still, we did the neighborhood hunt and Brad's parents did one after church in their yard so it was fun.

also known as shell said...

um I think that the savior is wearing sunglasses...

Kate said...

I know!!! It totaly looks like that, so I'm adding another picture.

Jessie said...

Your girls are so adorable!! I was watching Sydney in Primary and she was so cute with her little gloves and purse and she kept making sure that they were perfect on her!! It was sooo funny that I chuckled to myself....by the way you guys inspired me to post about my husband...check it out....not as long as you but something short and sweet :)

MiandMiksmom said...

What a special day! The girls look darling!

youreprettytoo said...

I love to see pictures of your girls. they look so adorabel in their easter clothes!

Rachel Hudgins said...

Love your little southern belles...and it totally looks like Jesus is wearing sun glasses...where did you get that picture?
Sydney sounds like my little Lauren...candy-holic. I found my little Lauren hidding under the end table eating easter candy after I told her "no more". She is getting sneaking and it cracks me up!! Can't blame her for LOVING candy....it's in her DNA.

sherbear said...

That is so funny about Sydney and her purse and gloves and Addyson with her not wanting anything to do with gloves!!
Great pics!
Sorry Sydney fell :(
Thx for sharing.

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

Your girls are sooo cute! I love teaching Sydney! She is so smart! They look beautiful in their dresses!

Mimi said...

Hey cutie-pie. I just put up a new post and am intent on getting caught up once again this week. Love that Addison loves the candy - Brett too but I do my best to hide it from him. I just hate that sticky mess. You guys are definitely southern bells. I am trying to get into it a bit but I think my midwestern roots will always get in the way.

The Egglestons said...

Cute Katie, this is Becca, Mimi's sister. I clicked on your link from her blog. Such gorgeous family photos on your site! Your girls are darling! I was fun to check out your site. Thanks!