Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Wow. I am so incredibly grateful for the father's in my life.

1. My Dad is so great. I am so grateful for his friendship, love, protectiveness, generosity, spirituality, sense of humor, education and eternal perspective. My love and appreciation for my dad has grown since I've become an adult and a parent. His birthday is coming up next month and I'm going to write more about him then.





2. My wonderful husband and father of our children, Travis. I love him more each minute it seems. I didn't realize the love my heart could hold until after Sydney was born, and I felt like my heart would burst with love for this wonderful man. It was as if seeing him as a father and seeing his love for me and for his daughter just skyrocketed my love for him. I am truly blown away sometimes by the level of love I have for him. I always thought the old cliche' "I love you more than the day I married you", was just that, a cliche', until I got married. :) It really is true. Someone asked me the other day which year of marriage has been the hardest, and I tried to think of one, and couldn't. There hasn't been a hard year of marriage. Marriage to me is so easy. We have never had a "fight". This is ALL due to Travis. As soon as one of us starts to get upset, he automatically lightens the atmosphere. I posted "100 things I love about Travis" on an earlier post, so, I won't repeat myself, but if you didn't get a chance to read it and you want to, check it out.
After Sydney was born.

After Addyson was born. Snow in GA

I love you babe. You're my hunka-hunka-burnin'-love!

1 comments:

also known as shell said...

Hunka-hunka burnin love :) Kate this is a family blog!!! simmer down!