Thursday, June 26, 2008

"Sweet & Sassy"

There's a new hair salon called "Sweet and Sassy" that just opened that is just for little girls. My neighbor and I took our girls to get their haircuts the other day (well, her girls and Sydney...obviously Addyson isn't in need of any of her hair being cut). It is the cutest most girly place and I LOVED it. The girls can choose between Dance or Cheer shampoo and their little smocks they wear have "Sassy Diva" embroidered on them. They get their hair washed and massaged, just like Mommy's do, then they get their cut and style. Sydney was very excited about the hair dryer, but told her stylist "no thanks" to the flat iron, as Mommy has been VERY clear that she stay away from my flat iron because it's extremely hot. After the style, they spray a soft glitter into their hair, then paint a little glitter star on their cheek, give them a pretty flower sucker and a balloon. It was so cute. Sydney was just miss chatterbox to her stylist (I guess I've taught her well). :)
Addyson was mesmerized by the buckets full of different colored flower suckers. I let her pick one out, and then she kept getting more out and taking them to everyone. It was cute.

They also have a little manicure/pedicure station with mini-couches with pillows and mini-spa pedicure baths. They have makeup stations, dress up stations, a dance floor and a runway. Of course, they sell a TON of girly stuff, so the store itself was so exciting to the girls. They have all different kinds of girly-themed birthday parties you can have there, and they even have a hot pink limo that will pick the birthday girls up. So, needless to say, I'm excited about this little store. Sydney wants to go get her hair cut every day.

Addyson was so cute and just followed the big girls around everywhere thinking she was just as big. She cracks me up.

So, if you live around here and haven't heard about it, you've got to check it out. It's in the Avenue off of exit 13 on 400. If you don't live around here, then you have to come and visit me and we'll take our girls there. :)

Sydney chose the "Dancer" shampoo.
The red head stylist on the right used to do my hair!
They had a Hannah Montana video playing on the TV in front of the chairSydney's still talking even though the stylist couldn't hear her.
If you look close you can see the glitter. She felt so pretty.

Yes, it was just a trim....gotta keep it long.


Addyson with her sucker and the buckets of suckers!Addyson in the Diva chair eating her suckerThey're saying "Sasseeeeeee".Little Divas on the runway.

9 comments:

Natalie said...

what a great idea- especially with the birthday parties there. I wanna go! I'm afraid of the prices, though. How bad was it?

Tansy said...

That looks like so much fun! I've got to take my nieces there.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for coming to Sweet & Sassy! I am so glad that you and the girls had a great experience and I really appreciate you writing such a nice blog about us. To show our appreciation for your kind blog, we would like to offer each of your girls a free grab-a-gift item the next time you come to Sweet & Sassy. Thank you again and have a sweet day! (to redeem your prize, just mention your name. Tara has your gift noted in our POS system at the store).

Sincerely,
Dixie Drake-Davis
CEO/Founder
Sweet & Sassy, LLC.

Jessie said...

Looks like so much fun but DARN too bad I don't have a little girl!!

Mimi said...

Kenna would absolutely love a place like that but I'm kind of glad there isn't one around here - then I would have to go 2 different places to get the kids hair cut. Nice that Sydney can have long hair - Kenna has this ultra fine do nothing hair and we have to keep it short or it looks even worse.

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

SO cute! I was wondering what that place was! Did you see the pink limo outside! So fun!

sherbear said...

Very cute. I wish i had known about that place like YESTERDAY!! Both girls had their hair cut. Sam a trim and Becca's is chin length.
Next time i guess... lol
where is it? i hadnt heard of it i dont think...
Sydney's hair is getting long. Becca wanted hers cut but that was cuz it is always hard to brush.

also known as shell said...

I want to take Kate there but I'll probably wait until she's a little older. We should take Kate and Addyson there when they are older.

youreprettytoo said...

We have a Sweet and Sassy out here too and just this summer I let Annie take a friend there for her birthday. It was way too expensive to host a whole party there, but just right for a special friend activity. I thought the runway was so funny. They even turned on "runway" music while the girls strutted down!