Sunday, June 8, 2008

A Night Downtown


Alyssa, Todd and Me
I have a friend from high school, Todd Alexander, who is a local artist here in Atlanta. He had an art show last night at his studio downtown at the Mattress Factory Lofts. I hadn't seen him in at least 7 years and it was so great to not only see him, but to meet his family and see his amazing artwork! He is great. I was seriously blown away by his art, and I'm soooo unknowledgeable about art. There were a lot of other artists displaying their art as well and it ranged from amazing (Todd's), to the almost insane. It was really cool, though. I also got to see my great friend, Alyssa, who has been one of my best friends since I was 14. She lives in the city limits of Atlanta as well and we don't get to see each other often, as I'm up in suburbia.
I'm not "into Art" that much, but Todd's art show really makes me want to go back to another show. I'll definitely be at his next show if possible. And, to be honest, if I had had $10,000 to spend on art, I would have bought one of his big pieces.

Todd and his family
Keri, Shellie, Lazette, Me, Alyssa
Of course, I had to bring along my posse....Lazette, Shellie and Keri. After we left the art show, we went out to eat in Atlantic Station at Ashton Kutcher's and Wilmer Valderama's restaurant, Dolce's. The food was fabulous and it wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be. Our waiter was great too. We wanted Dr. Pepper, but the restaurant didn't have any, so he went to Publix and bought us some. Way cool.

Shellie, Keri, Me, Lazette at Dolce's

Lazette, Me, Keri and Shellie grubbin' on some good food.

9 comments:

Jessie said...

Awesome! Looks like lots of fun!

also known as shell said...

okay I look so puffy! must have been all that bread I ate!!!

Rachel said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

MiandMiksmom said...

How fun! You are all so cute!

MiandMiksmom said...

Oh, and I'm going to clean right now to your playlist!

Natalie said...

An art show?! I would totally love to do that. If you don't invite me next time, I'll disown you! :)-

Natalie said...

btw, that dress is the perfect art show dress. you are super stylish!

Rachel Hudgins said...

I agree with Natalie on the art show dress....and I totally wish I could have gone...when are we going to be able to transport to the other side of country in an instant...seriously, this is 2008...and I have yet to own a flying car.

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

You all look awesome! I've wanted to try Dolce's... so do you recommend it?