Thursday, May 29, 2008

Different kind of Tag....

I got this idea from Andrea S., and it made me feel so good when I read her blog, that I hope you will all feel good after reading this too.
Since so many “tags” are about me, I thought I’d copy Andrea S. and follow her “tag” by posting two things I love about those of you on my blog list. (See under “friends with blogs”). So, “friends with blogs”, this is for you who are so dedicated to reading and commenting on my blog. It makes me feel special that you take the time to read snippets of my life, so cheers to you all!

Andrea S. – You gave me this great idea and I just think you are beautiful inside and out. You are not only one of the SWEETEST and most talented people I have ever met, but you have such a great sense of humor and you always crack me up.

Chaunette – You are super creative and are always achieving your goals. You make me want to get my butt in gear and do more.

Emily S. – The first time I met you at Cinco’s you totally cracked me up about being kicked out of Pottery Barn. From then on, I knew I would like you. I admire your job as a labor and delivery nurse and I totally want you to be my nurse the next time I have a baby.

Jessie B. – The more I’ve gotten to know you, the more I think you are so cool. You have an awesome sense of humor and I really want to hang out more.

Jessie G. – You are beautiful and from what I’ve witnessed, you are a great mom and wife. You’re one of those people, like Chaunette, who is always achieving goals and even though I often feel like I could never be the creative home-maker like you are, I feel inspired to be better when I’m around you.

Kari C. – I have too much juice on you to post in two things. Ha ha. I feel like you are another sister even though I haven’t seen you in ages. Even though I can still picture you as little Kari Robbins following “dinosaur” through the halls at church when you were 15, you have impressed me with being such a great mom and such a strong woman.

Mimi K. – Meems, what can I say? You have been a great friend to me and will always hold a special place in my heart. Brass Monkey will live on in my heart forever. J You are one I can be completely myself around and I love ya.

Natalie L. – You just exude talent, and you have been SUCH a great friend. You have one of the most pure singing voices I have ever heard and could listen to it forever. You also have such a cute little laugh, and it’s contagious.

Paula R. – You are super cute and super stylish, and I need you to tutor me on how to look like a million bucks at all times b/c you do. It’s been so fun to get to know the bride of the missionary who helped changed my husband’s life. P.S. – I know you’re a former teacher; so don’t judge my grammatical errors too much!

Rachel D. – You have such a funny sense of humor and I didn’t expect it of you, which made it even better. You are so quick with your comebacks that I’m jealous! J You also make the gosh-darn-BEST chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever had!

Rachel H. – I don’t know if I can reduce this to two things, but I’ll try. I feel like you will be my best friend forever and always even though we live a country apart (even if you did almost kill my dad…. he has never forgotten that). You are my soul-sista, and I can be 100% myself (whatever myself is at the time) around you and you will never judge me or stop being my friend, and I cherish our friendship. Wanna make-out now? Ha Ha j/k obviously!

Rachel M. – You are a super nurse and I think you are da bomb. You are so easy to talk to and have a conversation with. I have always felt comfortable around you and you are just cool.

Sam Z. – You are my #1 neighbor and I’m so glad that we are friends. You are thoughtful, funny, down to earth, and so cool (even if you are such a youngin!).

Shaylene L. – I’m so glad that we got back in touch after all of these years! You and Aaron were mine and Travis’s first “church couple”, and it was great for Travis and I to have you in our lives back then. I’m so glad you are back in my life!

Shellie K. – Shell! Homie! Sista! First you are freakin’ hilarious, as everyone knows, but you are also a great listener, great workout buddy, great secret-keeper and just a great friend. I’m so blessed to have you in my life. Peace out. I love your guts.

Sherry D. – You were our first neighbor as a married couple and you were such a great neighbor! You were always so selfless and helped me out so much when I was pregnant with Sydney and after Sydney was born that I will always be indebted to you.

Stacy J. - You are always doing something new and cool and I am always so amazed to find out what you are accomplishing next! I really don’t know how you are a mother of 5 and have 50 different jobs/ projects, etc. going on at the same time. AND you are sane! And your projects/jobs are always great. Your kids are great too. How DO you do it?

Stephanie P. – I miss you!!! I’m still mad that you up and moved to Tennessee, but I can’t be too mad b/c I love you and your family too much. You are so funny and I love your sense of humor. You have GREAT kids who are so well mannered. I love that you have such a strong faith in Jesus Christ and aren’t afraid to “shout it from the mountain tops”. You bring light to everyone who is in contact with you.

Tara P. – You probably won’t read this b/c you haven’t blogged since, what? February? But, I always looked up to you when we were teenagers and thought you were so super cool, and I still do.

Angie K. - I'm so glad that you have a blog now! I love you because you are just REAL. You are a wonderful mother (I adore your kids and want to Sydney to marry Aidan), and you are a wonderful friend. You are so talented and creative and I always have fun spending time with you and your family.


Okay, so if you read my blog and aren’t on my blog list, then let me know b/c I don’t want to leave anyone out! I love all of my Amigos/Amigas! I want to give you a shout out too, so don’t be shy!

18 comments:

Natalie said...

Awww...that's a great idea. Thanks so much for the love and I didn't know I had a good laugh so that was fun to hear. I love you so much, Kate. I miss you tons since you moved and the gas is too expensive to drive an extra 20 mins to see you more often. I'm glad you are happy in your new home though! You are beautiful inside and out. xoxo!

Shayleen Lunt said...

Great idea...I might just have to copy this!

Rachel said...

You are too sweet! I love reading your blog everyday (I'm not a stalker though, b/c you know I do it :)!)

MiandMiksmom said...

Hey, that was so nice! Thanks! I am going to do this too!

Jessi said...

What a fun idea. You totally made my day.

Angie said...

That was very sweet. I have finally set up my blog...I will send you an e-mail soon with the address. Let me know about next week.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Kate. Remember me? I just caught up with a little of you via Angie K's blog link to your site. So glad to hear that things are going well for you and your family. Your girls are precious! We have already introduced baby-boy Landon to our family...much quicker than we ever anticipated. He is a super sweet fella!

sherbear said...

Awwww
Make me cry girl :)
Thank you for being so sweet!!
You were a great neighbor too :)

also known as shell said...

I heart you so much! like mayjah! Like ooodles and ooodles.

Jessie said...

Kate...you are right I am super cool....just playin'
But seriously we can hang out anytime!
Thanks for the nice things that you said about me. It is always nice to go to someone's blog and have nice things said about you unexpectedly. That was very sweet of you as well to do this!

Anonymous said...

Yea! I just happened to be looking at blogs and saw this! It SO made my day. (I know, I am the world's worst blogger.) It's so cool that you thought I was cool. :)

Mimi said...

So sweet - thanks for the build up. Wish we could get together once in a while and experience in real life what our lives are both like now. Happy Saturday!

Stephanie Perdue said...

Thank you for the kind words. We miss you guys also. I hope that you are all feeling better now. Life is not fun with sick babies especially if you don't feel well.

Sam Zavitz said...

Very cool idea - I'm definitely copying it! (Hey, it's the sincerest form of flattery!) Can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

katie- I have to call you that:) This is Michelle Robbins Wood. You look so beautiful and have such a cute family. I love this idea and have to steal it- thanks:)

Andrea said...

I died and just came back to blog-life! Sorry - I just saw this today. You are so sweet - thank you! I needed that pick me up. You rock!

youreprettytoo said...

I just found this and it made my day. I felt like I was reading those 'wills' we use to leave when we were seniors at NHS. As I scrolled down I was so hoping my name would be there! And it was. I totally agree with feeling like you are a sister. I know if we saw each other tomorrow- it would be like no time had past. Thanks for the kind words. I know I was such a dork when I was 15, but I think that is what makes me so loveable! :) Plus I;m still pretty dorky. Thanks for loving me. And right back at you about being such a good mom and strong woman. I am impressed with your family. It is so fun to see how we all are as moms. love you.

Rachel Hudgins said...

Ahhhh...I love you! You are my soul-sista. I have so many great memories with you and I miss you like crazy, but sometimes when we talk I feel like you live just down the road. You know I think the world of you and admire your many talents. You rock girlfriend. Tell your dad I'm still a crazy driver...my kids will attest to that.