Saturday, May 24, 2008

Mama

My wonderful Mom had her birthday a few days ago and I wanted to dedicate this post to her. There are so many things I love about my mom. I'll just name a few (in no particular order).


1. There has NEVER been a doubt in my mind that she loves me, my siblings or my Dad.

2. She's stylish.

3. She never meets a stranger and can strike up a conversation with anyone anywhere.

4. No matter where I am with her, we always run into someone that she knows. I'm not kidding...any state I've ever been in with her there has been someone she's known. Even when she and I went to Ecuador together she ran into a few people from the U.S. that she knew.

5. Little kids and babies LOVE her. She can take anyone's crying baby/kid and make them laugh instantly and make them feel completely comfortable with her. It's amazing. I've tried to watch and learn, but I think it's just something she was born with.

6. She can do anything. Literally, if she decides she wants to do something, she'll find a way to accomplish it.

7. She's sarcastic.

8. She likes to have fun and she likes to make sure the people she's with are having fun.

9. She's bold. She goes after what she wants.

10. She's very creative and has great ideas.

11. She's an awesome teacher.

12. She knows the scriptures so well you would think she was a theologian.

13. She has an unwavering testimony of Jesus Christ and His gospel.

14. She loves her family fiercely.

15. She has Parkinson's disease, but you would never know b/c she works out three times a week with a personal trainer and exercises the other days, so that she can move.

16. She's a very strong person with a strong personality.

17. She's a southern belle and did her best to instill that in me....which I love...I'm proud of my southern belle roots.

18. She's thoughtful.

19. If I'm having a bad day, when I talk to her I always feel better.

20. She's become such a great friend to me in my adulthood.

21. She taught me relish the moment and make the most of it and just to have fun in life.

22. She taught me to respect myself and to hold my head high in any situation that life throws at me.

23. She taught me to search for my own beliefs and knowledge and own them.

24. If the dictionary had a description of the "Perfect Mom", her picture would be next to it.

I love Mom so much and am forever grateful for her love for me.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

What a lovely tribute! I love the pic of the girls helping her blow out the candles. That is Mikayla's official job at all family parties. Your mom is an amazing lady!

Jessi said...

You do have an awesome Mom. We love her, too. Hope she had a great birthday.

Natalie said...

I love your list and agree with it all, your mom is amazing! She is really inspirational to me at church. She always is so knowledgable and states her opinion so eloquantly. And she raised you right, hon, cuz you have a lot of the same traits! xoxo
You both are a great example to me. I love my dear southern belles!
Happy Birthday! Hope it was a good one, Sis. Grant!

also known as shell said...

I've never met your mom but a lot of the things you listed that you love about her are what I love about you!

Jessie said...

How sweet!! You always do the sweetest posts about other people! I love it!!

Rachel Hudgins said...

And....she told you to be my friend!! I love your Mom!! She's amazing and beautiful on the inside and out. I didn't know she had Parkinsons. Sometimes you forget to tell me very BIG news you goof ball!! I love you!

youreprettytoo said...

I love all those things about your mom too. I consider her to be a second mom to me -especially during those "formative" years! Also- when are Kelly and KJ going to start blogs? I love being able to catch up on your life with just the click of a button and I wish I could do the same with them! Tell them I'm waiting... :)

sherbear said...

Happy belated Bday to your mom :)