Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Scooby Scooby Dooooo!


Scooby Doo! Where are you?

Daphne

For Sydney's 4th birthday party she wanted a Scooby Doo party....of course. She's obsessed with Scooby Doo still. So, I decided to have a "Solve the Mystery" party. I think it turned out great and she had so much fun. She always calls me Daphne, so, I had to dress the part, right? It was fun dressing up as Daphne, and Sydney loved it, but some of the other kids kind of freaked out when they saw me with bright orange hair! It took them a little while to realize that it was really just me. Syd's friend, Grayson, asked me why I painted my hair orange. ha ha. I herded all the kids outside on the screened in porch so we could dance to Scooby Doo music, (which Travis burned on a CD for it the night before) and so the kids could color, but REALLY so the kids wouldn't see Travis hiding all of Sydney's presents. I tried to get a picture of everyone, but some of the kids didn't want to gather up, so I don't have a picture of all the kids together.

Travis gave me the signal, so I opened the door, and the kids all ran inside. Sydney noticed right away that the presents were gone. I gathered all the kids up and told them "We have a mystery to solve! Someone has stolen Sydney's presents!". In the place of the presents was a clue that Sydney found, so I read it and they had to play musical chairs to get the next clue, then they had to play "pin the collar on Scooby" to get a clue, then a pinata, then eat cake and icecream, and then they got the last clue to go into the front spare bedroom. The kids all went in looking for clues and then Travis, dressed as a pirate, jumped out at them. They all screamed and I started throwing these soft balls and stuffed animals at him, and so they loved that and really go into it. Only two kids got scared...one was only 2, so she didn't understand. The rest, however, thought it was hilarious. Travis laid down on the ground defeated and one of the kids grabbed the clue, and then we had to "un-mask" the pirate. Sydney thought is was so funny that Daddy was a pirate and the kids got all excited that it was Mr. Travis all along. ha ha. The kids finally found the presents, so we opened them and then played. It only lasted 1 1/2 hours, so it was great. I think it was definitely a success.
Musical Chairs
Pin the collar on Scooby
Another Clue!
Pinata!
Cake and Icecream!


The next clue is in here!
The Pirate stole the presents!!



Hitting the pirate with stuffed animals!
Unmasking the Pirate! It's just Daddy!!Finding the missing presents. (Thanks Andrea for recording this!)
It's amazing how much we parents do to make sure our kids have a good time! Who thought that planning a 4 year old's birthday party could be so much fun! I think I had as much fun as the kids! I think Travis did too. I was so busy that I didn't get a chance to take many pictures, but my friend Elena did, and my friend Andrea actually videoed the party. Isn't that so sweet??? Sydney loved watching it. I'll try and post it on youtube for my in-laws to see. I've never done that, though, so I might need some help from you guys!


Opening the presents!



12 comments:

Jessi said...

You are the COOLEST. I love your Daphne outfit.

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

That sounds like it was the best party ever! You are so creative! I'll need you to plan my kids parties! You look great as Daphne!

Natalie said...

aww...i'm so sorry Alex was sick. It sounds like a fabulous party. I've realized that I haven't been planning great parties like I used to. I guess my older girls are past that and I got out of the fun theme party mode. It's not fair to my little ones. Thanks for inspiring me, Daphne!

Angie said...

Yeah, so mine was the 2 year old that got scared. HA! Aidan had a great time though. That is all he could talk about all weekend. Brad said the kids paused at the door when you answered in your outfit....they weren't really sure who that was!

sherbear said...

That was the coolest bday i have ever seen. YOu went to town on that one. How fun!!!
You guys are so funny for dressing up too!! You are such sweet and cool parents. :)

MiandMiksmom said...

That looks like the cutest party ever!!!! How fun! What a great idea to hide the presents and I love the costumes on you and Travis!

Jessie said...

How fun!! You guys are so great to be dressing up in costumes and everything. You should plan Davis
2nd party for me :)

Rachel Hudgins said...

Great job! It sounds like a blast. I should fly you out for Lauren's birthday...I am running out of ideas.

Paula said...

Wow. That is a mother's love right there. The party looked like it was hit and I loved your costume. I also told Logan about Sydney's rhyming skills and he got a big laugh out of it as well.

also known as shell said...

okay I swear I commented on this!

I loved that Travis dressed up as a pirate. He should really think about growing his hair out.

it was wicked awesome.

ps where did you find your daphne wig?

Mimi said...

You make a great Daphne! How fun that the whole family got so into the party. My kids LOVE Scooby Doo too - I'll have to remember your ideas for Kenna's bday next year.

Kate said...

Wow, thanks everyone! It was so fun. Shell-I got the wig online..I couldn't find one anywhere around here.