Monday, May 5, 2008

Sydney Kathleen Jarrard is 4 years old today….May 5, 2008





Sydney’s birthday party was on Saturday and was a blast, and I’ll post pictures, etc. later on that. Today I can’t believe my little girl is four years old. Was it really that long ago that she was born?? Time sure does fly. Here are 15 things I love about my little Syd. It’s definitely not an all-inclusive list.

1. She is hilarious. She is always talking in funny voices and dancing around and being an “M.C.” to her imaginary audience. The other day I heard her “M.C.-ing” a pretend show and she was saying…. “Now we will have a song from high-school musical performed by the Transformers. Let’s hear it for the Transformers. Everyone get up and dance”. Or she’ll talk like a valley-girl…which is funny because she doesn’t realize she’s talking like one…she’s just mimicking me when I’m being goofy.

2. She says very profound things. She is very mature for her age in a lot of ways.

3. She has a big heart. Whenever she seems someone that doesn’t have a friend or who needs help or is sad, she is so kind to them and tries to include them.

4. She loves to sing.

5. She looks just like her Daddy.

6. I think she is gorgeous.

7. She loves her family and is always hugging and kissing us.

8. She is a leader. I see her with her friends and they all follow her around.

9. She is strong willed – which is not so great at this age, but I’m so glad that she is as it will be great for her when she gets older.

10. She’s independent. She’s not shy and is always eager to meet new people and new friends.

11. She’s well behaved when I’m not around. It’s so comforting to know that she will behave when I’m not around to tell her to. She’s actually much better when I’m not there.

12. She has the best memory of anyone I know. I have to be VERY careful never to make empty promises to her because she never forgets… not even a year later. It’s crazy.

13. She loves for me to read the scriptures to her. She remembers the stories and talks about them at random times.

14. She loves books and we read to her as much as we can. She used to have to sleep with them. She never had a “lovey” like a blanket or a stuffed animal…it was her books. She had to sleep with them and have them around wherever she went.

15. She says the sweetest prayers. She always thanks Heavenly Father for her family and when she does this, she snuggles up to me and kisses my arm, then goes and snuggles up to Travis. It’s so sweet.

We love you so much Sydney. You are our sweet “baby” girl and we would be lost without you.

10 comments:

sherbear said...

Happy 4th bday to her!! I meant to say that at ballet/tap but was so frazzled i forgot. lol
I cant believe she is 4 either! And such a cute pie!! Glad she had a great party :)

Sam Zavitz said...

SO sweet! Sorry we missed you today, but hopefully we'll catch you tomorrow. =) Happy Birthday, Syd!

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday, Sydney! Sorry Alex was too sick to come to your party. He was so bummed, I'm sure it was really fun. You are an amazing girl and very funny and pretty. I like the cowgirl picture the best of all. xoxo Natalie

Jessie said...

Happy Birthday to your Sweet Sydney! She is very adorable

Rachel said...

What a sweet girl!! I can't believe she is four!

Angie said...

Happy Birthday Sydney! Aidan and Brenna had a great time on Saturday!

also known as shell said...

that baby picture is just so sweet. you need to have another baby woman so I can hold a little newborn. get to work on that.

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

Happy Birthday Sydney! She told me on Sunday I was invited to her party... but she had already had it! At least she must like me as her teacher to invite me! She is so cute and is so smart!

Rachel Hudgins said...

Okay...this is the sweetest post ever!! I got a little teary. The music didn't help. I love Syd and I haven't even met her yet. She reminds me of Lauren so much. Happy Birthday Sydney!!

Kate said...

Y'all are all so sweet!!