Thursday, May 22, 2008

Are we better yet???

Okay, so I'm a little frustrated to say the least. Addyson, Sydney, and I all have strep throat. That would be bad enough in and of itself, but this is Addyson's 3rd time since April and Sydney's 2nd. They also both have ear infections. They both had one less than a month ago. The pediatrician is like..."It looks like they never got better from their last strep and ear infections...let's put them on a stronger anti-biotic".....duh! Why didn't you put them on the strong one to begin with D.A.! So, my poor little ones have basically had strep and ear infections for a month. Now Mommy has it and no one is happy. I'm such a bear when I'm sick and to top it off, the girls aren't sleeping well, so neither am I. I'm a bigger bear when I haven't had enough sleep. Travis was so sweet yesterday, though, b/c he came home early from work and took the girls out to McDonald's so I could take a nap and not worry about dinner or the girls for a little while.


This leads me to my next story.....


So, Travis hurries and get the girls, puts them in the car and heads off to M.D.'s. He gets there and realizes that he has to pee. So, he has to take both girls into the men's bathroom. He tells Sydney to hold on to Addyson and to not touch anything or let Addyson touch anything. Then he goes over to the urinal. Now, Sydney has only been in the men's bathroom when she had to go potty and I wasn't there. She's never seen a urinal, more or less seen anyone use one. So, while Travis is standing there, he sees Sydney come up by him from the corner of his eye, and she's like...."DADDY! What are you DOING! Are you going tinkle on the WALL???!!" When Travis told me this I just started laughing. SOOOOO funny! He said no one else was in there, which was great. He had to explain to her that this is a special potty for Daddy's when they pee standing up. I just hope she doesn't try it at home.

8 comments:

Natalie said...

That's so cute! I came from a house of girls too so I still remember the first time I saw a boy (my friend's brother) peeing while standing. Hey...he left the door open!

Rachel said...

Too cute!!

also known as shell said...

love it! I can hear her think raspy voice saing it too.

p.s. the jeans fit!

Angie said...

Hope you all feel better soon! Hey, I found Aidan outside today peeing on a tree. Got to love those boys!

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

That is so funny about Sydney! So cute! Anyway... hope you are all feeling better!

also known as shell said...

wanna come over to my wigwam?

Sam Zavitz said...

Oh my gosh, that's hilarious!! I can absolutely hear Syd's little voice saying it, too! Hope you all feel better soon - we want you to come out and play!

sherbear said...

That is a funny story. lol
silly girl!!

Sorry you are all sick. Hope you are on the mend by now :)

If it is a reacurring thing is it possible they keep catching it from somewhere they always are? Once at a daycare the kids kept catching it from the water fountain. A lot of kids would get it every month and they finally figured it out. Just a thought...