Thursday, May 15, 2008

Dancing Queen

Sydney had her dance recital last Saturday. She had two performances...one for ballet and one for tap. She did a great job! I was so proud of her. Travis was out of town, but got to go to the dress rehearsal the day before (which was really bad), but I recorded her performances for him on Saturday which were MUCH better. My Mom, Dad and Memama came as well as my friend, Andrea Busse, and her family. Mom and Dad got her two red roses and Andrea got her an entire bouquet of colorful roses. Andrea made me so proud when she told me that Sydney was the best dancer in her class. Andrea was a dancer all growing up and even into adult-hood, so, needless to say...I was beaming when she told me that. I was only watching Sydney, so I really wasn't watching the rest of the kids!

The first pictures are ones I took when Sydney was getting her "professional" pictures taken and while she was waiting her turn.

These pictures are of her dancing at her dress rehearsal. I didn't get any at her actual recital because I was filming it.


She's looking in the mirror and dancing to the song "I feel pretty". That song has been on my mind all week. All I can think of is the movie "Anger Management" and the car scene where Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson are singing that song. Hilarious.
After the recital she got her award and her flowers.
Gavin Busse, Sydney and Grayson Busse. Sydney has known them since she was 18 months old. The STAR dancer and Mommy.
Sydney and Memama (Sydney is standing on a chair...Memama is short, but not that short).
"Grandma", Sydney and "Grandfather".
Sydney doesn't call them "Annie" and "Poppy" anymore.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Ah, Kate...there is nothing cuter than little girls in pink tutus. Those pictures are amazing. And that one with you is too- you look gorgeous!

also known as shell said...

that is just adorable. your girls are so cute. That b&w photo you took while sydney was waiting for the pro photo was awesome.

sherbear said...

You got some really good pictures!! Yayyy for you. The kids did a great job out there didnt they?? It was so cute!
See you Monday?

Rachel said...

She is so sweet! I also loved it when I pulled up your page and heard The Proclaimers! Awesome!

Rachel Hudgins said...

So cute...I can't wait for Lauren's recital.

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

Sydney is the cutest girl! And I love her all dressed up! There's nothing better when you are little then to get all dressed up and dance! So fun!