Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Disney World and SOOOO many pictures!

We're back! We had such a fantastic time and I took WAY too many pictures, but I'm only posting a few! I know, it's still a lot. I'm not the best photographer or have the best camera, but these are still fun for me to look at!! I hope you enjoy as well. We first went to Seaworld where the girls had a blast seeing Shamu and the dolphins, the sharks, fish, penguins and more. They loved every minute of it. Sydney loved barking like the sealions, and barked almost as loud as they did! (see picture below). So, these first pictures are us as Seaworld.







Next Stop...Magic Kingdom... and it really is still magic!!

I think I love it just as much as the kids. We did have to stand in massive lines, however, due to the spring break crowd, but Travis got all the fast-passes that he could, so we did okay. We had to stand in three very long lines, however, to meet all of the princesses, but for Sydney, it was sooooo worth it. Sydney was also so excited to finally see the "magic castle" that's at the beginning of all her Disney movies. She couldn't wait to see Tinkerbell fly off the castle that night either. Although we had a blast, as I looked around at all of the kids asleep in their strollers and then at mine who were fully awake for almost 16 hours, I couldn't help but wonder...."What is wrong with my kids!" Addyson would NOT fall asleep in the stroller. She would start nodding off and just fight back the sleep. She didn't want to miss anything! We stayed until the park closed at 11:00 or a little later. After waiting for the ferry, we got in the car around 11:30, and the kids were out before the car started I think. Travis and I had gone to Disneyland out in CA before Sydney was born and I had forgotten how much bigger Disney World actually is. I was definitely overwhelmed when we walked through the gates of the Magic Kingdom, but in a good way. Thank goodness we had our planner, Travis, with us!!

Sydney was so excited to meet all of the princesses!





After our first "princess line", Sydney was a little disappointed that her favorite princesses, Ariel and Jasmine, weren't in the group, so, Mommy, of course was determined to make Sydney's "dreams come true". She was sooooo excited and just so enamored with Jasmine and especially Alladin!
Waiting for Ariel was long for me, but Sydney was able to play in the water with other kiddos while we waited and she got soaked! She had a blast. Travis had taken Addyson for a ride in her stroller while getting fast passes for us. I was so glad that this was the last line for princesses, but after seeing how giddy Sydney was while talking to Ariel, I totally would've stood in another line to meet one if Sydney has wanted to. She thought it was hilarious that Ariel started combing her hair with a "dingelhopper", and then proceeded to comb Sydney's hair with the fork as well.


We actually got some rides in too! Can you believe it?? Peter Pan was Sydney's favorite by far, but she loved all the ones we went on at Magic Kingdom except she got a little scared in the Haunted Mansion. It's a lot scarier now than it was when I was a kid. My favorite was Pirates of the Carribean...and now that they've added Capt. Jack Sparrow, it's even better. I kept waiting to see Orlando Bloom, but, alas, no William Turner!

I started to get a little burned...you can tell a little in this picture! But we sprayed the kids religiously, so they didn't get burned at all.

It was a long day and the kids were beat, and so were we, but the fireworks show and the the castle changing colors was so great and the girls loved it. I can't wait to go back!!!


Next Stop...Animal Kingdom!
I had never been to Animal Kingdom before and it was soooo great. The safari ride was the best, but Dinosaur land was great too. There were so many things to do that we just couldn't fit everything in. The girls LOVED seeing all of the animals....even Pluto! But, the real animals were the best. Sydney's favorite, though, was climbing on this dinosaur statue and jumping or sliding off. We were there forever. Addyson liked it too.
The picture above is of Sydney dancing at the Lion King show.



The dinosaur above is the one that Sydney loved. We totally need one for our backyard. The kids would play there for hours!!
The next pictures are of the kids digging for dinosaur bones. What a great idea! They had a blast!




Sydney entertained us the ENTIRE trip by singing her made up songs, so she thought it was great to have the drums to play. We had such a great time, as does everyone, I'm sure, in DisneyWorld. It's just so magical and it's not just for kids. There are so many things for adults to do too (not that we had time to actually DO any of those things..haha), but it's just great. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
I miss Disney!











7 comments:

Rachel Hudgins said...

Yeah! I have been checking daily to see this post about your trip. I have to live vicariously, you know. I am so glad you guys had a blast. What a fun family vacation!! I can't wait to take my kiddo's some day. Thanks for sharing.

Rachel said...

I'm jealous, looks like you guys had the time of your lives!! Look at little Sydney and all of her princess pictures-so cute!

Natalie said...

Thanks for posting so many pics cuz we still haven't made it out there yet. Looks like you made lots of memories. I like the family pic at Sea World. You look great in that one!

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

It looks like you guys has sooo much fun! It's great to hear that it is still "magical!" I love all the pics you posted!

Jessie said...

WOW!!! Looks like soooo much fun!!
Disneyworld is AWESOME!!

also known as shell said...

I'm back!!! I can't wait to see you tomorrow! I'd write a huge fricken comment but I'm exhausted. love your guts

sherbear said...

GREAT pics. Looks like you all had a blast!!
When we waited for Ariel the girls got soaked too but it was good so they didnt get impatient in line :)
we didnt get to see aladdin though so you were lucky.
I cant remember if she had the dinglehopper. lol

Id love the dinosaur in our backyard too!!

Great pics!! You are a great picture taker