Friday, January 11, 2008

GETTING MY GROOVE ON, YO!

Okay,
So the music on here most of the time is music that I like, but music suited for my blog.....for my kids and family basically. Well, I wanted to have some fun and put a playlist on here for a few days of the music types that I like. It's my "rock on" music. It's a wide genre and variation of music that I like....as you'll see if you view all the songs. They aren't in any particular order of my likes, and in no way does it encompass all the songs or types of music I like......I don't have time and http://www.playlist.com/ doesn't have a lot of the songs on there. BUT, it is a good reflection and little insight into the mind of Kate Grant Jarrard. Sorry if some of the songs offend you...if so, then click on another one. They aren't all "clean" I'm sorry to say, as they should be because I don't like swearing, but, I do like these songs. Shame on me, I guess, but why lie and pretend I don't? I think it's a fun list and if you want to rock out or get a little nostalgic (lots of 80's hair band stuff on here), then play away. Or just browse to see what a freak I am or don't listen at all. I really don't care. This was just so fun for me. (I'm counting on Rachel Hudgins and Mimi Keyser to turn it up and rock out to Brass Monkey...that's why it's on here first. So many memories with that song....seems like a lifetime ago, but then again, seems like last summer.)
Have fun. I am!!!!!!!
As Sydney likes to say...."Shake your booty!!!"

6 comments:

Rachel Hudgins said...

That Monkey Junkie...good times, girl! Thanks for the blast back into the past today. I had fun listening to your songs. I can't listen to the Beastie Boys or Indigo Girls without thinking of you...and Tom Petty....where's was Tom on your list?? Good times! I miss ya. Rock on.

Jessi said...

Kate, you crack me up! I want to come have a dance party at your house. I'd shake my booty if you did, too! :)

Rachel Hudgins said...

Now it's complete (well, at least as complete as that music website will allow). We are shakin' our booties on the West Coast.

MiandMiksmom said...

You would not even believe me if I told you that my list would almost be the same...crazy! Even the stuff that is not 80's rock ---Eminem, The Killers (went to that concert BTW), Godsmack...seriously, I don't know anyone else that would have such a similar list! I think I'll just keep your blog open to play through your tunes!!!!

MiandMiksmom said...

I'm still freaking out...even Radiohead? Seriously, are we soul sisters????? I think we need to have a rock out session (kids included) very soon!

Natalie said...

Love it! Such great stuff...