Monday, January 21, 2008

Winter Wonderland



It snowed AGAIN in north GA! Yippee. It was like a winter wonderland! My first year at BYU in Utah, I was so excited about the snow and told my friend, Mali (who is from Michigan) that it looked like a winter wonderland.....she thought that was so funny and always teased me about it. (I have to say that seeing the snow all over the ground, on the trees, on the houses, etc. made me yearn for a Utah winter and go snow skiing). Well, us southerns don't see snow that often....once (or twice this time) in 4 1/2 years. So, we had to play in it and build another snowman! Travis was out of town, but my Uncle from Minnesota was down visiting my grandmother, so Sydney and I recruited him to help us build another snowman. Sydney was so proud, again, and was even more excited to throw snowballs at us. I forgot to mention that the few days before, we had made snow-cream. My mom used to make it for us when it would snow here when I was little, and it was such a yummy treat. If you've never had it, you really should try it....I'll give you the recipe...of course, you have to have snow first. We were at my Mom's house and we were outside playing in the melting snow, from a toppled over snowman, when I decided that Sydney would love it. The 4 neighbor boys were very excited too and helped me collect clean snow from the snowman and we made a huge batch of it and ate it while watching Scooby Doo. It brought back good memories from my childhood.

One caveat....from the last blog of "hubby tag"...Travis is the BEST omelet maker ever, so I never make omelets, but he likes to make me one on the weekends b/c I love them and he's a pro!

1 comments:

MiandMiksmom said...

I want to hear all about that snow treat! How fun! I'm glad you enjoyed the winter wonderland!