Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Is it really 2008????? Wha???
Okay, so I'm late on getting my Christmas post done b/c I need to download my Christmas pictures. It's coming, but not today. New Year's Eve was fun. We got to try out a Wii for the first time. Travis fell in love with the guitar game. He was very hesitant to try it, but then was a super star and we couldn't get him off it. He did look mighty hot playing the guitar, though. (even if it was fake). I kicked butt on my first song, "Hit me with your best shot" and then got booed of the stage (from computer fans) on a Poison song of all things...How can that happen to me? One of their biggest fans?? :) So, Travis decided to "show me how it's done". ha ha. I, however, liked the tennis game the best myself, but I kept turning around to talk when it was my turn, so I had to start focusing and then I kicked some booty. A Wii will definitely be on our Christmas list next year. Travis had to get up early this morning for wrestling practice, so we didn't stay up late. We watched the ball drop and headed for bed! We are getting old! I don't even think we made it to midnight last year!
Another Sydney funny for ya...there are just too many to write down, so I just do the ones I remember at the moment....I was singing a song...who knows what it was, but she told me that Scooby didn't like it (she was pretending her Clifford dog was Scooby) and said "Mom, Scooby doesn't like that song" and I said, well, I do and I'm going to sing it, so she said, "but mom...NOW it's stuck in his head!" I had to giggle at that one. She is not only addicted to Scooby Doo, but loves to sing "Shake your Boooooty" while she's shaking hers. Very cute and cuter when Addyson joins her and tries to shake her little booty. It's so fun having a little 14 month old around!
2007 was a great year for the Jarrard Jokers (that's us), and I hope that 2008 just gets better. If it follows the trend, then it will b/c, so far, every year has gotten better. I hope that it's awesome for everyone (even the 2 or 3 people who ever read my blog!!...thanks by the way for reading...it makes me feel good that someone is interested!)

Cheers! and God Bless!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you had a good New Year's and yes I'm 1 of the 3 that reads it! I feel the same about mine...not sure anyone even reads mine but, I feel so accomplished by having it! LOL We will see you back at in Georgia next week!

Rachel Hudgins said...

You crack me up. I LOVE reading your blog! I love hearing how everything is going and the cute things your little ones do.
Since our Fisher Price Smart Bike broke and we were having major sibling battles over it in the short time we owned it....we bought the Wii. We LOVE it!! It's great family fun. Lauren is crazy and just shakes the remote all over the place and end up doing better than us. Ethan is the master boxer and Jason and I have baseball competitions daily! I can throw a mean fast ball. It's awesome. I highly recommend the game. We haven't bought any additional games yet...but will soon. Star Wars is on the list and there is another sports one that is suppose to be fun. What music one did you play? That sounds fun. Take care and post those pictures, girlfriend!

Mimi said...

Hey you - you know I read your blog. I just got back in town and don't have the stamina to take Christmas down - instead I am blogging! Oh well, tomorrow. My kiddos love scooby doo too. It is the only thing I can get them to watch together. they both sing the song - in fact, whenever Mike grabs Kenna - she has to sing the Scooby doo theme song to get away. Someday I'll video tape it.