Friday, February 8, 2008

Sydney's interpretation

I had to write this down. This happened a few months ago, but I thought about it today, it made me laugh, so I had to share.
I noticed that my vehicle's gas tank was almost empty, so I pulled into the gas station, rolled the windows down a bit, so I could hear the girls if they were trying to talk to me while pumping gas, turned off the van and opened the door. Sydney, (in her louder-than-most-other-kids voice) asked me what I was doing stopping. I told her that I needed to get gas for the car and she yelled at the top of her well-formed lungs (so every person pumping gas around me could hear)...."NO MOMMY!!! DON'T PASS GAS!!!" I thought it was hilarious, so I started to laugh, but explained to her (loudly, so others knew I wasn't farting around), that I wasn't "passing gas", that the car needed gasoline to run, like we need food, etc., so I had to give it some. She was very grateful that I wasn't going to pass gas.

5 comments:

sherbear said...

That is funny!! Thanks for the chuckle

Jessi said...

That's classic. I'm sure life is never dull with sweet Sydney around.

MiandMiksmom said...

Hee, hee! That reminds me of the time I ran into the gas station and the guy said, "Do you have anything else?" And I replied, "No, I just have gas!"

MiandMiksmom said...

Now to comment on your previous posts. Seriously, if a democrat wins, I give it one year before we see the bad effects....for sure by two. It's not going to be good...with McCain or Hillary. I'm actually leaning toward Obama right now. I can't vote for Huckabee or McCain right now. I am soooo disappointed about Romney. I will write his name down, but it just seems like a wasted vote. I need to really figure things out. It is crazy.

eMiLy sLaUgH said...

Aren't kids great!