Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Falling Queen

While I was with Sydney in the bathroom the other day, Addyson fell off one of the kitchen chairs AGAIN onto the hardwood floor and bumped her head hard, as to give her a HUGE purple goose-egg. BUT, it wasn't bad enough to take her to the hospital again, thank goodness. I wondered why she falls so much and realized that when she gets on the chair or table, she starts to dance, then loses her footing and falls. I can't be right by her side every second, and I didn't know what to do! I couldn't take away the chairs completely, so I just laid them down. This is what our kitchen now looks like. It drives me nuts, but it's worth it. Addyson is FURIOUS with me, however, for doing this. She let's me know, and tries to lift them back up. It has prevented any future heart-attacks on my part, so that's always a good thing. Sydney thought it was cool the first day and made it her cave. Now, it's just the way it is. After we get done eating, however, I have to be quick to lay the chairs back down b/c Addyson is VERY fast and will run and climb up into the chair as soon as any bum leaves it.

Sydney wanted me to take her picture all day, so I got one of her and her Scooby/skateboard puzzle that she put together. She is GREAT at puzzles and has been since she was two.














Sydney and Addyson put all the toys/ balls/ chair/ stuffed animals that they could possible fit into the toy box and got in there with them. Sydney, of course, wanted me to take their picture. they were so proud of themselves.














5 comments:

MiandMiksmom said...

That is a great solution! And way to go Sydney...Mikayla JUST learned how to do puzzles and is totally into them now! So fun!

also known as shell said...

I love how Sydney loves Scooby Doo.

Rachel Hudgins said...

Good solution! You should take her to REI and let her do the rock climbing wall on a weekly basis...maybe that will satisfy the need to climb.

sherbear said...

Those are great scrapbooking and memory pictures!!!

sherbear said...

ps: sam was twirling on her bed one nite and fell off smacking her face against the table that holds her tv. she had a mark on her nose and a cracked lip. So i sort of understand..but the table and hard floor is much worse. what a little monkey!!

Yayyy sydney with the puzzles! becca is great at puzzles too!!!
Her hair is sure getting long.